Analysis workshop on developing entrepreneurial universities
Analyse your institution and develop approaches to move forward
The workshop aims at supporting Higher Education Institutions to become more entrepreneurial. Through the workshop the participants will undertake an in-depth analysis to get a better understanding of their core problems. Subsequently they will develop ideas, partly based on existing case studies, in small working groups on how to address these issues. The workshop is organised by UIIN and facilitated by several key experts from the field offering different perspectives and insights in becoming a more entrepreneurial institution. The workshop will be based on the HEInnovate methodology developed at the initiative of the European Commission in collaboration with OECD.
Prior to the workshop, participants will complete their self-assessment by using the HEInnovate tool (www.heinnovate.eu). During the workshop the participants will be divided in smaller working groups, moderated by key experts from the field, to get a better understanding of their results and identify their core problems. Subsequently the group will use several techniques to get a good understanding of the foundations of these problems. As a final result, several potential solutions will be provided to overcome the identified problems.
“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.” ― Albert Einstein
Key benefits for participants include:
- Receiving a self-assessment of their entrepreneurial higher education institutions as a starting point for further analysis
- Gaining a better understanding of the individual barriers/problems to become a more entrepreneurial institution
- Ideas and new impetus on how to address the key barriers (based on idea development sessions in a smaller and later in a larger group), providing the participants with tailor-made action plans
HEInnovate is a self-assessment tool and methodology for Higher Education Institutions to measure how entrepreneurial they are. It is an initiative of the European Commission and the OECD LEED forum and has been applied by a wide variety of institutions throughout Europe. It is designed to help interested organisations assess themselves against statements which are organised under the following seven areas:
The self-assessment tool is publicly available for any Higher Education Institution to use at http://www.heinnovate.eu/
- Leadership and Governance
- Organisational Capacity, People and Incentives
- Entrepreneurship Development in Teaching and Learning
- Pathways for Entrepreneurs
- HEI – Business/External Relationships for Knowledge Exchange
- The Entrepreneurial HEI as an Internationalised Institution
- Measuring the Impact
The workshop is open to all HEI representatives, not only those registered at the conference.
If you would like to take part in the workshop and are not registered for the conference, please provide your details below. We will then keep you up to date on the workshop:
Subscribe to our RSS feed:
Follow us on Twitter
LATEST CONFERENCE NEWS
WATCH VIDEOS FROM THE LAST CONFERENCE